Custom monster error

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
thommoboy

Custom monster error

Post by thommoboy »

okay im adding a monster into quake and have had no hitches up until renaming animations

i am using the base code of the demon

when i compile i get this

error: slasher.qc:303:Demon_Melee redeclared (see previous declaration demon.qc(304))

but when i change all of the Demon_Melee to Slasher_Melee i get this

error: slasher.qc:104:Unknown value "slasher_melee"
error: slasher.qc:110:Unknown value "slasher_melee"

im stumped :P
Jukki

Re: Custom monster error

Post by Jukki »

Did you call the function with lower case? Error has all characters lower vase while you said you renamed them eith first letter beikg uppercase ;)
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

no that didnt work :( damn i knew it couldnt be something that simple :P
ratbert

Post by ratbert »

Do you have the function Slasher_Melee declared after (aka lower in source code) where the animation frame code resides?

So if that is the case then your qc compiler needs to know where that function is defined ahead of time to associate it within your animations frames.
So either move the Slasher_Melee function itself or place a "void() Slasher_Melee;" just above where your animation frames code starts
so the compiler knows how to associate it correctly.
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

ratbert wrote:Do you have the function Slasher_Melee declared after (aka lower in source code) where the animation frame code resides?

So if that is the case then your qc compiler needs to know where that function is defined ahead of time to associate it within your animations frames.
So either move the Slasher_Melee function itself or place a "void() Slasher_Melee;" just above where your animation frames code starts
so the compiler knows how to associate it correctly.
omg so simple XD thanks