Adquedit?

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
leileilol

Re: Adquedit?

Post by leileilol »

you don't even have to rename it, just simply associate the pk3 format to your favorite zip program
i should not be here
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Do you know how to use the color / color replace tool in gimp to replace a certain color with a different color , but only in a specific region ? There also seems to be a way to select a region first?
qbism wrote:open palette.lmp in gimp as "raw". Manually set to 16x16 size. Save as pcx. Now you have a pcx with palette in correct order. Edit your image as png or whatever. When ready to import, scale up the pcx to the image size, then cut-and-paste. If it's a transparent image, fill the scaled-up pcx with color 256 first.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Cobalt wrote:Do you know how to use the color / color replace tool in gimp to replace a certain color with a different color , but only in a specific region ? There also seems to be a way to select a region first?
Not sure what you mean, but with the palette example, areas of the image can be selected with the fence tool. Only areas in the fence will be affected by hue shift, color balance, etc. The changes can be saved back out as raw. That's how I did palette shift examples.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Im trying to get the color of a skin in a regular old pcx format to follow the reddish / brown tint it has to be in order for it to
get colored with shirt/pants like the normal model does. Right now the skin has like black shirt and pants. I have tried some of the color select tools but they select the entire color region of black, or any other part of the skin that is black...and I dont want the weapon to be selected for example......
qbism wrote: Not sure what you mean, but with the palette example, areas of the image can be selected with the fence tool. Only areas in the fence will be affected by hue shift, color balance, etc. The changes can be saved back out as raw. That's how I did palette shift examples.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Could try turning the "fuzzy select" tool threshold down to 1. If the region actually has a different color index than the background, it will select it. If it's all the same then the select tools have no way to know where the edges were. If some other version of the skin exists with distinct areas, it could be inserted as a new layer at 50% opacity and it could be used for tracing a selection area.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

I never had to rename them to open with winrar. It just let me open them...