Tutorial: Visible bboxes

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
behind_you

Post by behind_you »

metlslime wrote:1. you can't rotate bboxes in quakec; if you rotate the entity the box will stay un-rotated. They are literally "axis-aligned bounding boxes" which means they are always axis-aligned
crap. well i can 'kinda' rotate them every time it turns in 90 degree intervals. stupid idea but better than nothing
metlslime wrote:2. if you resize bboxes in quakec, it will work for entity-v-entity and traceline-v-entity collision, but entity-vs-world collision will still use one of the standard collision hull sizes.
:( So there's no difference whether I use ssqc or csqc for this?
Cobalt

Re: Tutorial: Visible bboxes

Post by Cobalt »

Hmm, code not working for me. Using a 2012 build release of DP. This is what it looks like when I try it with the walltorches. Is the object too small?

While I can do showbboxes 1-9 this code can be useful because you can troubleshoot individual entities, while showbboxes renders every object.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Wall torches are static objects WITHOUT collision boxes. ;)

try with something else - an weapon, for example.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Whoops, forgot to tell ya, I changed the QC so that thay are randomly spawned as takedamage triggers. So if you shoot them they will fall off the wall, or if you touch them thry give damage. If I do r_showbboxes, the bounding box on them looks perfectly rectangular to thair model size. Just wondering why this code is spasing out like this. Tried in on exlpoboxes, same thing. Weapons dont do anything at all......weird.

frag.machine wrote:Wall torches are static objects WITHOUT collision boxes. ;)

try with something else - an weapon, for example.