PE2005 v012b released now

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
DarkSnow

PE2005 v012b released now

Post by DarkSnow »

I am of for Poland tomorow and will be gone for a while, so i decided to release PE2005 in its current state.

Read the readme.txt file included for installation instructions and read the license agreement before downloading (i hate that legal crap)

The adress is: http://darksnow.quakedev.com/

If you download it, i would be happy to recieve any comment/suggestions on how to improve the project with nice more feutures :) You find some of the to-do stuff in the news and on the forum (thnx Echon)
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I couldn't find it on the site. :(
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Tei

Re: PE2005 v012b released now

Post by Tei »

Its PE a mod?

I dont see a download link, only info about the QC competition. ;I
DarkSnow

Post by DarkSnow »

Tei wrote:Its PE a mod?

I dont see a download link, only info about the QC competition. ;I
Sorry about that, i moved pe2005 to my own server, and moved shortly after that. I will make a new site for it, at the specified url, when the competition has started so il have some more free time. Until that, you have to use the direct download link:

http://darksnow.quakedev.com/dnl/proj_edit_012b.rar

It is not a mod, project editor 2005 is my attempt to create a developer interface for quake custom editing, more similar to visual studio. However, v012 is far from completed. Im still working on it, in the shadows :)
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

It won't run:
Run-time error '339':

Component 'HookMenu.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
My guess (from reading the readme only now, silly me) is that it's because I haven't copied those files to my system32 directory in windows. That makes me kinda nervous though, because lots of programs like to shove stuff into that folder and just leave 'em there for centuries.

I may do it later though. I dunno.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Tei

Post by Tei »

Ok, here its a error,

339 runtime error
HookTime not correctly registered.

The problem whas on the installer filename, that launch other VB app (yes, odd but true). I guess I can registar that dll with hand, with some arcance windows command (ddllregister /yadda hooktime.ocx) but anyway.. heres its my feedback :D
DarkSnow

Post by DarkSnow »

Yes, sorry about that. The program will later on take care of this issue by itself, and il use more of windows api to lessen down the usage of ocx controls.

But for now, you kindof have to either register the controls manualy (regsrv32 path&filename) and then unregister em (regsrv32 path&filename /u)

... or copy the files to the system32 folder