Ultimate Quake 1 Training Mod.

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Paradise

Ultimate Quake 1 Training Mod.

Post by Paradise »

Introduction:

Please excuse me, I have no idea how to code anything, lol, I am a skilled Quake player that is it.

With that said, I have been thinking of this mod that can be created. I can not do it as I lack the technical knowledge, I can offer suggestions and ideas as I played Quake a lot and have knowledge of its environments and an established feel for its physics.

I think this is a good mod and an original idea, I have browsed these forums from the start and I have not seen anything like it.

If modders and coders are interested into creating this then by all means get together.

I think this mod idea is awesome and original - I hope!

Here it goes:

Destroyable targets within hard to navigate shifting and moving environments - as difficutly progresses - measuring weapon efficiency, move speed indicator and time it takes to complete a hazard course.

The targets can be melons to be sliced with your axe, scarecrows - shoot their heads off and dismember, etc.. adding to the fun factor - really anything - I have not given this much thought aside from the concept of it - as silly as it sounds.

All fun to destroy objects from all conceivable sources. Creativity and variety of fun targets and their destruction to be elaborated.

Use all tricks you know to move your fastest: wallhugging, zigzagging and bunnyhopping. Combine them all accordingly to achieve beyond maximum results.

Courses are to be played at variying levels of difficulty and get progressively harder using all the hazards presented into Quake: lava, slime and water - all used appropriately capitalizing onto your errors inflicting damage accordingly based onto level of difficulty selected and hazard course advancement.

Some hazard courses require use(s) of a specific weapon used into a certain way, i.e. rocket jumping the right height, combined GL and RL jump, use of nailgun to hit with nails a narror passage into wall hitting small button triggering a platform otherwise unshootable, etc..

Mod does not have to be torturous, can be played for fun as well - fun mode - while also offering the option for die hard trainees to work harder if they choose. Can be played any way, adding to flexibility and fun factor.

Induce synthetic lag to simulate online play. Be creative, the mod rewards you!

Projected hazard courses - 25. Assigned achievements display your level of attained skill measured by the mod. Demos can be uploaded, stimulating incentive to show your ability.

Add your own ideas to the project!

Name: Ultimate Quake 1 Training Mod, guaranteed to train the tenderest of noobies and turn them into tanks as they learn basic Quake skills, game physics and movement and more into their area of chosen study and training, readying them to perform well under pressure - if chosen to train that way - having played timed hazard courses.

Recent ideas of additions:
-Add coop mode, complete the courses with help of buddy. Have him RL you into a direction to gain momentum while you boost yourself further into another, etc.. Adding to fun factor of playing alongside someone.

More to be added by others... and me, as more ideas come.

Well, what do you genius coders guys think? Doable? :) Possible? :D

Thank you for your attention.

Regards.