Hy guys, just a simple project I had on my virtual shelf for too long. I just had 2 days of free time and I , MIT license for code, CC0 for assets (mainly junk). With this setup you could now test ragdolls in FTEQW and take a look at assets source and source code to use it in your projects. I dunno if I'll ever have time to fix the problems but this is my opinion: ragdolls in FTE are quite poor/buggy. If you want just to have fun, go get it, otherwise, if your game DEPENDS on ragdoll physics, just use Unity or Unreal: you won't go too far with FTE.
Right mouse to toggle cursor placement on/off. Left click to spawn ragdoll at gizmo location
Space key to swap between scenes and OK to launch chosen scene
Tab to display bone names
A key to toggle animation-driven ragdolls (ragdoll animation will start at the end of animation)
Q key to quit
1) Dismemberment seems not to work. It doesn't allow to choose a different bone in the hierarchy
2) Scene collider MUST be set to SOLID_BSP which doesn't work well with traceline MOVE_HITMODEL so scene has been split in planes and colliders.
3) After 10 ragdolls spawned, system performance are too low
4) Animation driven ragdolls doesn't copy last frame position/rotation, giving unrealistic animations
5) ODE seems to work only on Windows
src folder - where all the ragdolls logic takes places, especially ragdoll.c
models/ragtest2.blend 3d model with animations (Blender file)
models/ragtest2.iqm.doll doll file used by engine to read 3d model bones and perform ragdoll animations. Hopefully my comments will help you
Note that, to use 100% of FTE skeletal features, , otherwise bones hierarchy will be exported not as in Blender. Blender 2.79 only