I have been wondering if I should continue posting here, since this subforum doesn't seem like an outrageous success so far, and there is also the SJ dev blog.
I think as a compromise, I might post a monthly report here.
During April, I fleshed out some of the game's features and characters. There will be 2 more named NPCs, both of them Herd Banshees. I wrote some more dialogue scripts. The loose idea for environmental hazards I'd been kicking around for a year or more solidified into the concept of a "dimensional eddie." There are various ways to create these eddies or make them invisible for use as traps, to detect them and turn your enemies' eddies into your own, and such. An eddie will be acting like an unpredictable teleporter; some will crush you on contact, others will lead to lost dungeons. The ways to test an eddie to determine its nature will be varied and fun, e.g. using enemies as guinea pigs. I also worked on my Doom 3 and Warsow stuff but got a bit fed up with both.
During May, so far, I continued work on environment modelling in Blender. FTE got mesh collision (shader based or global), so clip brushes aren't the only way to get stuff colliding anymore. I started a modular set for the Herdbase theme. I implemented one of the central gameplay mechanics (loot is one, this one is basically what to do with loot.) I also defined most of the quests in the game (about 90 individual objectives.) One result of this is that I'm going to rip the middle out of the old RMQ e1m3 and completely rebuild that in Blender. I now have a great concept for the main quest in that map.http://spawnhost.wordpress.com/
I'm posting less screenshots now consciously because I don't want to spill all of the beans yet.
I also deleted the source code repository, because I wrote heaps of new code that contains heavy spoilers (the quest stuff for instance) and I don't want that out on the net. One person doesn't really need a git repo anyway.