CSQC static camera (updated :))

Discuss CSQC related programming.
Nahuel

CSQC static camera (updated :))

Post by Nahuel »

This is a early version of the csqc static camera. Currently the code do not send the player via csqc, it just uses the chase_active command. In next versions the csqc will send the player.
the video loss performance with the compression (of 201 MB to 6 mb :)) I do not know why, but in the game (and original video) this stuff runs very fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMa2j11i0Uo
http://www.mediafire.com/?bf874mjl1oip654
The use is very simple
trigger_camera with set the view to the specific Info_camera. trigger_nocamera set the view to the first person. I also included a csqc HUD (my own modified stuff http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... -csqc.html) :)
Enjoy (qc source and map source included :))
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Update: I added some features, like dinamic angles and movement to the cameras (with different styles)
In this version (v 0.7) i also included the SVC_SETVIEW (no chase_active by csqc): Please, fix the code, this is a early version too I didn´t document anything, my english is very bad. But you can see the simple specifics in the bsp. Enjoy and experiment with this :) :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?h9akfqg62r6w3cf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soYSTld-rZA
Last edited by Nahuel on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
toneddu2000

Re: CSQC static camera

Post by toneddu2000 »

It works like a Charm!!Thanks a lot Nahuel!You really helped me a lot!And thanks a lot to Spike too(if it wasn't for him I would have never know even there that was the possibility to add a static camera in quake)!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Nahuel

Re: CSQC static camera

Post by Nahuel »

toneddu2000 wrote:It works like a Charm!!Thanks a lot Nahuel!You really helped me a lot!And thanks a lot to Spike too(if it wasn't for him I would have never know even there that was the possibility to add a static camera in quake)!
spike created CSQC!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!
domis4

Re: CSQC static camera (updated :))

Post by domis4 »

looks really awesome :D

ive tried to put it into my mod (addet camera.qc to progs.src; camera.qc and addet the last lines to defs.qc)
but ive just get this error

frikqcc gave no errors
r00k

Post by r00k »

fitzquake doesnt have csqc?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

no it doesn't
even worse, it looks like you're trying to do it on the psp
just forget it
i should not be here
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Brilliant! I can't wait to test it! Thanks a lot for sharing Nahuel, you're becoming every day more skilled at quakec!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

domis4 wrote:looks really awesome :D

ive tried to put it into my mod (addet camera.qc to progs.src; camera.qc and addet the last lines to defs.qc)
but ive just get this error

frikqcc gave no errors
you need the csprogs.dat and the progs.dat, you can use the csprogs.dat from my mod. otherwise you must compile with "fteqccgui" or "fteqcc" compiler to any work in csqc.
LeSanglier

Post by LeSanglier »

Hello,

Thank you for static camera quakec !!
It runs perfectly !

Ps : I love your avatar : Vive Alcest !! ;-)
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

Hello forum, i am in this old thread for your help :) if i put the player and the camera in two separated different rooms (i mean there is not any contact beetween the two rooms with corridors) The entities are not visible , the models are invisible!!!! but if the player is in the room the models are visible . whats is the problem?, please i need your help-
Spike

Post by Spike »

in a word: pvs.

if you're using fte, you can set the ssqc player's .view2 field to an entity positioned about where the camera is, the client will then get entities visible within both sets of pvs.
otherwise, you'll need to set r_novis and to hope that the engine uses it serverside too.
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

thank you spike, r_novis 1 works nice, but i do not have view2 in darkplaces.
i have a few questions
what the difference beetween sv_cullentities_pvs 0 and r_novis 1 ?
changing the topic; i have some not relevant entities (speaking about gameplay) in ssqc like bullets, gibs , with very simple physics and another a little more complex (like butterflies or birds, flying around the maps)
would it be appropriate to send these decorative entities to csqc ?
what's regard about decorative static models on the map? (i speak about send a simple place_model function to csqc)
Thank for your help :)
Spike

Post by Spike »

csqc can run decorative entities just fine, yeah. you do have to be careful to avoid stepping movements as those can really mess up interpolation.
my old csqctest mod had csqc gibs. spawn a 1000 at a time without networking getting in the way (beyond initial spawn), woo.
if the entity is static and non-solid, then its generally best to use makestatic instead of csqc.
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

Spike wrote: if the entity is static and non-solid, then its generally best to use makestatic instead of csqc.
thanks for the request , but whats do makestatic exactly ? i saw it in ssqc (in torch functions)
Spike

Post by Spike »

makes the entity static...
removes it from the gamecode and adds it to the client. the qc (ssqc+csqc) can no longer see it at all, the client links it in to the pvs/bsp and runs it fully automatically and unchanging (except for frame/skin groups, which continue to animate from the creation time).
its quake's version of static meshes - entities rather than part of the bsp itself, they play no part in collisions.