Prydon Modelling

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

The Lammelar

Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

MauveBib wrote:
Rodinius wrote:
CheapAlert wrote:you're fired
ive seen this person give so many rude remarks to people but at the same time i havent seen him once do a screen dump from his personal archive of work to show to this thread, why can't you show everybody here your work???
I think he was refering to the fact that my second skin has a resemblance to Donald Trump, though knowing cheapy I wouldnt be surprised either way.

And please don't ask him for a dump of his work. The last thing I want to see is more gargoyle penis.
ok apologies all round
Urre

Post by Urre »

Awesome my man Chillo, very beautiful. I'm a bit suspicious about the skin detail though, looks to me like it might be quite big a skin?
I was once a Quake modder
TargetPractice

Post by TargetPractice »

If I wasn't as familiar with Quake as I am, you could possibly replace the green armor with the lammelar- it looks to fit right in, colors and all. It may not be as dirty, but it elsewise matches the rest of the environment. (You would have to replace the other two armors as well, though.) Well done.
I never thought hearing pained, fearful screams could make one feel so... uplifted.

What?
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

The Halberd
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Sallet
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I say, that halberd is the bee's knees
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

congrats on the longest thread in a VERY long time. keep it up

I am slowly working on the unique weapons models btw.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

The newest skin for the buckler, i actually like this one.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Ahh, looks much better now. :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

Chillo wrote:Image

Sallet
Stunning work with everything :D

Id just like to ask, with the helmet model, if im right you have coloured in the gap section for the eyes black. is it not possible to hollow out that section with quake textures? just curious thats all man
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

If you mean make it transparent, nope, that's not possible. (Though I think Hexen2 added support for that...)
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Sajt wrote:If you mean make it transparent, nope, that's not possible.
Not in normal Quake engines, but one could easily include a .tga with an alpha channel for engines that support it.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

yeah, but then you'd be able to see right through the transparent part, because the mesh doesn't have triangles on the inside. unless I took the liberty to merge the model with itself, and then invert it's polygons, which is also very easy to do.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

But you could use those polies much more effectively if you decided you wanted a hole there :)