Prydon Modelling

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Chillo

Prydon Modelling

Post by Chillo »

everybody,

i know a lot of folks believe prydon is long dead. lately, however, i've been modelling for it. i don't know exactly what sparked such a vast interest in me, but i suddenly got a wild hair up my ass and decided to start up again. here's some screenies.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Image[/code]

i would like feedback too, please. i'm almost done with all the weapons.
Preach

Re: Prydon Modelling

Post by Preach »

The mace is my favourite, and the designs on the shields are really cool too. They all look really good, my only suggestion would be to add a belt or something to the cloth armour. It has some nice details round the edges and is quite plain in the middle, so it looks a bit uneven in that screenshot.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

All models looks really nice. An excellent job!
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Great models, but I wish you hadn't started the thread with the phrase "prydon is long dead". It makes me sad.
Entar

Post by Entar »

FrikaC wrote:Great models, but I wish you hadn't started the thread with the phrase "prydon is long dead". It makes me sad.
But it's only that some people think it's long dead, not that it actually is. A lot of people think Quake is long dead, but nooooooo, it's still alive and, um, Quaking.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Entar wrote, and i quote unquote,
But it's only that some people think it's long dead, not that it actually is. A lot of people think Quake is long dead, but nooooooo, it's still alive and, um, Quaking
exactly, Entar.

FrikaC, what ever happened to that database page with all the prydon information on it?
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

i made a belt for the cloth. (lammellar??)

Kell

Post by Kell »

Oh nice. Your skinning is really good. Skinning is my one failure when it comes to models; the 8-bit palette limit is a git. Wish I could hire you to finish the Quoth skinning :P

The last weapon, the short spear or dart: what's the source/inspiration for that?

[pedant] oh and in the first screenshot "shuriken" is incorrectly spelled [/pedant]
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Chillo wrote:Entar wrote, and i quote unquote,
But it's only that some people think it's long dead, not that it actually is. A lot of people think Quake is long dead, but nooooooo, it's still alive and, um, Quaking
exactly, Entar.

FrikaC, what ever happened to that database page with all the prydon information on it?
It still exists, http://www.inside3d.com/prydongate/beta/
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

the sai:

the skin is all mine, too.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Chillo, you rock too much, I must slap you.

*slaps Chillo*

You also working on a not so crazy high-poly playermodel replacement (too many polys don't look good on a q1 mdl format model)?

The Sai really looks like it's shining, which is quite an achievement with the Quake palette. Awesome, man!

Prydon still needs mappers though. Hey, don't look at me like that! I've lost my copy of BSP! BSP is available online you say? Other editors you say? Get off your fat ass and map you say? But I've lost my internet connection! Also my arms! And no, my toes aren't fit for clicking with a mouse.

Kell, you there, you know mapper people, get them to it! Prydon deserves the attention!
I was once a Quake modder
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Good job Chillo! May you sire a host of no more than semi-retarded young. These look great.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Those are some pretty damn MASH models :)
Apathy Now!
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Mobile Army Surgical Hospital?
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

The War Bow