Free quake models

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Urre

Free quake models

Post by Urre »

This *REMOVED* archive contains some quake models I found on my harddrive when cleaning up, and figured instead of throwing them away, I'd share them with the community. They are models which are most likely not available anywhere else. Even if many of them were made for Prydon Gate, they might not have been released and/or are okay for use outside of it. Contains work by Tomaz, FrikaC, MauveBib, Chillo, Dawid and me (Urre). Make sure to read the *NONEXISTENT* readme for credits and license stuff (which in case of *my* models is "use as you like").

Enjoy!

I hope Echon can fix the archive uploading for larger files, and I'll be able to upload more stuff I have found which people might find useful. NOTE: the link is temporary, it points at the Incoming folder, so it might not work after a while.

EDIT: I'll try and get a fixed version up.
Last edited by Urre on Thu May 03, 2007 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was once a Quake modder
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Some very cool models in there. Thanks goodness you didn't just dump it.

Now what I need you to do is delete the link, and forget you ever posted this file so I can take full credit. "These aren't the models you're looking for. Move Along."
*jedi type hand gesture*
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

I've been miscredited on the pine.mdl. I never made that model.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

What does 'owned by Urre' mean?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Urre

Post by Urre »

"owned by Urre" as in the model was sort of ordered by me, back when working on some project which later died. Someone made a model and gave it to me, sort of how Activision owns id's games (I guess they do anyway).
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Sort of how Warner Brothers owns Blood.... Actually not at all, I just hate that the game logic source is impossible to get because of IP bullshit.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Actually, quite a lot of the credits are wrong. There are several models of mine in there credited wrongly.

Shame on you Urre!

Nah, I'm not that bothered.

From a cursory glance, the following are definately entirely my work, model and skins.

flame.mdl
tree.mdl
pine.mdl
bed5.mdl

I think I did the animation on ork.mdl too, but it's definately chillo's model.
Apathy Now!
Urre

Post by Urre »

Mauve: I made the bed model, and you made the skin, unless I'm completely off in my own head... Remember I was making a bunch of models for prydon, which you then skinned?
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

You made the stool, chair etc, but the bed was all my own work. You asked me to make it in the same style as the others you had made, and evidently I did it so well you forgot I made it :p
Apathy Now!
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

I may use these for TAoV, given credit in the readme ofcourse :)
Tomaz

Post by Tomaz »

Im not sure how these models managed to become free just like that...
Urre

Post by Urre »

Tomaz: I could just as well have thrown them away, thought I'd share them instead. If you want I can remove your models from the archive, just holla.

Mauve (and others): I'll send an email to Echon to have the archive removed, and I'll upload a new one with updated credits. Thanks for the heads up!
Tomaz

Post by Tomaz »

No youre lucky that I'm ok with it. But its still wrong to just take models from others that wasnt even made for you, slap them in a zip and put it up on the internet.

And if you had throwed them away, couldnt care less.

I have backups of all models I've made and those models are all in Prydon anyway along with other models I made for it.
Urre

Post by Urre »

I must have forgotten they were in prydon already, which is another reason to remove them from the zip, cause the point was to release unused models. Sorry Tomaz, that I released your models without your consent, I shouldn't have. Does anyone else want their models removed or feel offended? If so, I'm sorry.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Me
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.