Quake 1 item bsp's to mdl?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Cobalt

Quake 1 item bsp's to mdl?

Post by Cobalt »

I thought I saw someone converted or posted someplace all the original ammo and health bsp models to mdl format? Was I dreaming, or does someone know where to find them?
Madfox

Re: Quake 1 item bsp's to mdl?

Post by Madfox »

Easy way to do it is,
try the old Quark4.07 editor, open the pak0.pak file with it and convert them to your own directory.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

OR you can just use Noesis. :) Example take b_batt0.bsp out of the pak file. Open it with Noesis then File --> Export --> MD3 and leave all options default except what directory you want the export to go. DONE! You can open said exported b_batt0.md3 right back into Noesis to check it out. Word of warning don't try to export to any other format because it will make more work for you since Noesis screws up the UV mapping on export. To fix it you would need to import into blender to fix that so just stick to md3.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Or just recreate them from scratch because, you know, they're just simple boxes with absolutely no mesh detail ? The hardest part would be the UV mapping, but not that hard actually.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)