I tried to edit the rockrun animation, but it seemed really difficult:
Q: Is this the 'correct'/ optimal technique?:
1. select all the polygons of the left hand and make it a new object
2. move the pivot point to where the joint would be
3. rotate the pivot so that the angles let you...
4. use the rotate tool to move the object into position
5. Look around the joint, and manually move any 'unnatural' looking vertices, so the new position looks undistorted/unnatural/not messed up
6. select all the polygons of the left hand and forearm, make it a new object
Steps 3 and 4 seem the hardest. Wrist rotation was simple enough, but elbow and shoulder rotations really distorted the thing, and even major surgery with moving vertices didn't help. I'm sure with practice my pivot placement and rotation 'technique' would improve, but I already have a complete perfectly positioned upper body - the deathc1 position. I've tried to rtfm, but came across nothing about QME connecting vertices.
It might be simpler to do the work in blender though I haven't managed to install the mdl exporter...
Thanks for the response.