Human models

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ajay

Human models

Post by ajay »

I must start by apologising, as I'm sure I've asked this before, but I can't find the thread. Anyway I'm on the search for human models, as in human, non-soldier, non-fantasy ones. Any compatible format would be okay and obviously ones that are legal to use.
Many thanks
ajay
toneddu2000

Re: Human models

Post by toneddu2000 »

have you searched at blendswap.com? A LOT of CCommons models

EDIT: I forgot: if you need a generic human model, have you tried MakeHuman? It's awesome and easy to use. It converts to .obj/.blend files and you can open them in various applications. It generates naked models but you can dress them later! :)
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

what tri count? .mdl format? what theme? modern day (sims?) details please? maybe ill have the time to do something.
taniwha

Post by taniwha »

Also, while it won't fulfill your needs now, learning to model your own will help. There are many good tuts available for modeling in blender, including for game assets. blendercookie.com has a mix of free and $$ tutorials (all good), but $10 will let you go on a download spree for a month: plenty of time to fill an HD with tuts :).
Leave others their otherness.
http://quakeforge.net/
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

toneddu2000 wrote:have you searched at blendswap.com? A LOT of CCommons models
I've searched through that site, and despite being under CC licenses, a lot of models in there uses trademarked visuals. There's Kratos, TV show characters, Runescape weapons...

It feels too risky to use models from there.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube