Merging in qME destroys texture

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
siska.robert

Merging in qME destroys texture

Post by siska.robert »

Hello.

I'm having problem with qME...
I have gun model with it's texture. I wanted to add some effects, so I imported bolt.mdl from original pak.
This is what happens to texture:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3 ... directlink

How can I prevent this?
Nahuel

Re: Merging in qME destroys texture

Post by Nahuel »

For import models to other i use
http://www.moddb.com/games/quake-2/down ... ditor-v090
And QUARK .
You need to do strange things, like resize the original skin, conversions etc... Is the only way that I know
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

yeah, your going to have to make a skin that supports both the texture for the original model and the merged one. which means less texture space for what ever, it's probably best to decide which needs less texture space. what ever needs more detail give it more room.

(to do this your going to have to open the model in a real model editor.)
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

Create a new "base" frame, position the model's vertexes as you want them to be in the skin editor, regenerate the skin vertexes and fine-adjust them manually.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

you can use Blender to re-set UVs. I noticed that UVset problem just when you published the mdl. If you want some help in recreating new textures assignment, just post the modified source files and I'll figure out how to fix the UV's
siska.robert

Post by siska.robert »

toneddu2000 wrote:you can use Blender to re-set UVs. I noticed that UVset problem just when you published the mdl. If you want some help in recreating new textures assignment, just post the modified source files and I'll figure out how to fix the UV's
Actually, I didn't modify source files at all since I can't do _anything_ in blender... I just resized the texture - height must be 200p max...

If you could just add some light bolt in blender that would be great! :)

http://int21h.ic.cz/users/BOby/gun.tgz
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Could you be more precise? Where should I add some light bolt? Inside the model and make a frame with the bolt fired up or what?
siska.robert

Post by siska.robert »

toneddu2000 wrote:Could you be more precise? Where should I add some light bolt? Inside the model and make a frame with the bolt fired up or what?
It doesn't really matter. Just to add light bolt (or two :) ), so the UVs are ok...
Positioning and animations shouldn't be problem for me.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

When I was modeling the bolts I asked myself:"But what the hell does he mean for bolts!?", so I'm not sure what I did! :)

I made three types of them.

Version 1.2.0
siska.robert

Post by siska.robert »

That's great! The yellow one is more like a blast than bolt, but I could use it too :)

Thank you, man.
Last edited by siska.robert on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

no problem