Model Request

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ajay

Model Request

Post by ajay »

I've been trying to achieve two things of late; find an animated baseball or cricket bat and make an animated baseball or cricket bat.
I've failed. I could spend hours trying to model, skin and animate my own, but it's not something I'm going to learn quickly and I don't have any natural innate skill at it, and I *really* don't have time for another long learning curve.

To that end I'd be really grateful if someone could make an animated/skinned bat (cricket or baseball, either would be great) for me. I can do the code for it. (yeh, I know thats the easy bit!)

I can only offer credit and thanks for doing so.
Spike

Post by Spike »

the MTF guys have a baseball bat for the scout class or sommit.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

if you want when i get the chance when im not at work i could whip something up. tell me what you prefer more, cricket or baseball? also quake guys hands r what? maybe a little blood on it? put some information on what your looking for and ill try my best to get some time to make you something custom.
ajay

Post by ajay »

Thats great i would be really grateful. My ideal would be:
- a cricket bat
- with some blood on (it would have been 'used' prior to the start of the mod, so this fits
- as for hands showing I'd prefer that, like the axe in Quake, they were only visible at the end of the 'swings' - when the player would at full stretch
- for animation, again, like the axe there would be two movements; an across the player's body (side to side) and an up to down stroke

Really appreciate this, no pressure and no rush :)
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Sajt's Wrasslin' mod has a baseball bat in it.

http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=1
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

so you know, i have started on this. just dont have a crap load of time on my hands. ill post it here once it's finished.
ajay

Post by ajay »

Thanks a lot, no rush, just whenever/if you have time. Cheers.