3ds Max -> MD3 with textures?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Downsider

3ds Max -> MD3 with textures?

Post by Downsider »

Some of the models I'm converting have multiple textures on the same model, so it would be ideal if there was a way to get a model from 3ds Max -> MD3 with textures preserved, unlike the plugin Ceriux posted earlier.. Does anybody know of a way?
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

have you tried the options for attachments?
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

I didn't realize MD3 doesn't support meshes with multiple skins, this thread is now irrelevant.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Urrr, but it does support multiple meshes in a model. Which might just be a different way of saying what you wanted.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Spike

Post by Spike »

you can only use one .skin file on an individual .md3 yeah... but an individual .md3 can reference multiple shaders/textures (eg: sarge's cigar, which glows).
Which fully complies with the requirements mentioned in the original post in this thread.
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

I already went ahead and combined the UV maps I needed on the same mesh, but I suppose it's good for future reference, though I don't think I'll ever need it.