Daikatana Pre-Alpha model and texture formats

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Teflon

Daikatana Pre-Alpha model and texture formats

Post by Teflon »

Would it be possible to create either a viewer or an exporter for the model and/or texture formats in the Daikatana pre-alpha? I ask this because I'm the writer of this extensive breakdown of the pre-alpha and there are quite a few models and model textures that are unviewable that could have very interesting information in them. From what has been posted here, making a model viewer or exporter shouldn't be that difficult, as the pre-alpha model format is basically the standard .MDL with a hack to make it load an external texture. I don't have any info about the texture format, but from my very basic testing, they aren't renamed versions of existing texture file formats used in Quake 1 engine games, like .pcx. I'd love to do this myself, but unfortunately I have no experience with programming and I figure at least one of you would be interested in messing with a hack of the standard Quake .MDL format and whatever they use for the textures.

If you're interested, here's this .zip showing various samples from the pre-alpha. I don't care about the textures in the maps, so don't worry about that.

Thanks in advance for anyone that wants to take this up.
Rich

Post by Rich »

2 people have linked me to this thread, and I was too lazy to do anything about it, hoping someone else would be less lazy. I see no one else has been less lazy, though.

I might do a quick Noesis plugin for this later on this week, will post it here when it's done. Although I have 50 things on my todo list to address before I even look at these files.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

He does not need it anymore, see http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=11906
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews