MP1: SoA - Laser Cannon Remodel - Need Assistance

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

can you make a youtube video?
ooppee

Post by ooppee »

Done my Scourge of Armagon weapons pack now :D

Details and Download Here
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..If someone is proficient with Blender then yes it might be easy, but other wise not.

leileilol wrote:
ceriux wrote: otherwise i suggest you check out lith unwrap.
OH HELL NO

I'd suggest Blender to unwrap the model. Use .OBJ as an exchange format to-and-fro

the seam marking feature plus the coooool pin live unwrapping will make unwrapping a snap for you!

..Nice job all around ooppee! :)
Last edited by xaGe on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

sexyyy! lol great job!
ooppee

Post by ooppee »

Ty also did a pack for Dissolution of Eternity.
All of the models weapon models were done by Ruohis - I just edited the Grenade Launcher model (to close the area where the grenade was) and reskin them. Only 100% custom was actually the multi-grenade model. Multi-Rocket was a missile.mdl I had on my HDD and I just split it into 4 and modeled the middle in. All others were reskins.

I also fixed the glitch for Darkplaces users of the Plasma Gun not firing properly (the projectile just sat in place, also did the same when you fought the Dragon)

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... n-fix.html
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

you lava'd the barrels? that's stupid. you're supposed to lava the grills (which you even left out in the lava nailgun itself)

and also ick, ICK, ICK, Tenebrae replacements!
i should not be here
ooppee

Post by ooppee »

"Remixing" not literal remake.
Never used Tenebrae - use Qrack and Darkplaces (which both support these models)
They are also reskins of Ruohis' models (same ones in Rygels pack) which the said area was modeled in - much like all the other modern remodels of the weapon itself
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

leileilol wrote:you lava'd the barrels? that's stupid. you're supposed to lava the grills (which you even left out in the lava nailgun itself)

and also ick, ICK, ICK, Tenebrae replacements!
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)