24-bit skingroups help

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Trickle

24-bit skingroups help

Post by Trickle »

I have already set it up to work in qME, it has skin0-skin4..but I have no idea how to do this. There has to be a way as bmodels have the +0_, +1_, etc. I want my v_lava2.mdl to have 24-bit skingroups. I've tried +0_v_lava2, +1_v_lava2 and of course v_lava2_0, v_lava2_1, v_lava2_2. Is there any way?
Trickle

Post by Trickle »

I got it, R00k helped me. v_lava2_0_0, v_lava2_0_1, etc. :D
Baker

Post by Baker »

Get R00k and the ezQuake people's to dump the "JoeQuake/Qrack/ezQuake" naming convention for q1model replacement textures.

There are so few of them that some hyperactive QW person could easily convert the 5 or 6 that exist and update gfx.qwdrama.com and [pinches nose a bit because it largely legally tries to do something clearly illegal] NQuake.

The DarkPlaces convention is the "right way" and that other convention needs to die a "Tenebrae convention"-like death.

There should be only one texture naming convention and only the DarkPlaces naming convention is adequate for all scenarios.

Then it be documented as the "one right way". Besides, ezQuake stupidly loads .pk3 files sitting around in id1 which are almost exclusively made for DarkPlaces. But I digress ..
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
r00k

Post by r00k »

True, it would be easy to reformat the syntax of texture naming, but then it would take more effort to rename all the textures i currently have installed. :|