A little help with model postioning?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Biodude

A little help with model postioning?

Post by Biodude »

I have a few player models converted from hl1 mdl format, and on certain run and walk animations, they run away from their origins.

My friend usually helps me with this, but I haven't heard from him in a while, so can anyone help me fix these frames so they are all at the origin? Its a little hard to explain, if anyone has any idea/ wants to help me on this just tell me :)
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

qme has the relevant origin shifting buttons. make some effort and do it yourself
i should not be here
Biodude

Post by Biodude »

make some effort? I just spent like 6 hours in qme animating, resizing, and editing models! Im a bit tired, and wanted a bit of help :P

I think I found a way by manually moving back the x on each frame.
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

So what happened to "I don't port my models, I make them all from scratch in an absurdly short amount of time"?
Biodude

Post by Biodude »

oh hai downsider, hows the weather?

They are a bunch of hl1 mdl character models, and they literally walk forward in their animations, instead of walking in place.
Not for conscript.

They have nothing to do with the hl2 beta, hl2, whatever, it is just a problem that came up when I was converting hl1 models.

I found out how to do it in qme, just gotta keep moving them back.

I learned many useful animating techniques today, and not just in quake 8)

Ignore this thread now I guess. Lets not have any problems here downsider. Care for a cup of tea?
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Biodude wrote:oh hai downsider, hows the weather?
:D
Boss429

Post by Boss429 »

Just import the *.smd into 3dsMax or even ms3d and select the Bip01 bone and delete all keyframes.