dpmodel issue (md3)

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ooppee

dpmodel issue (md3)

Post by ooppee »

I recently started converting all the models from Shamblers Castle (Doom 3 mod) to Quake 1 just to add that extra detail to Q1 without having to wait ages for more releases to come out.

I started with all of them, they are working (null animations at present).
The issue I am having is with the First animation of each model (idle/stand). No matter how long or short I make the idle/stand animation the very first frame ALWAYS quickly flashes the "reference pose" which looks really dumb. So he will do the idle animation and when it goes back to the orig frame it will quickly flash with him standing upright and arms to the side.

I have re-done the animation various times both matching the orig length in frames, extended it (even up to 200 frames using the Sham Mod's animation) and shortened it to 3 frames. Same issue every time. All other animations are fine - just the idle's are the issue.

Here is the setup I have:

# save the model as soldier.dpm
model demon
# move the model this much before saving
origin 0 0 0
# rotate the model -90 degrees around vertical
rotate 0
# scale the model by this amount, 0.5 would be half size and 2.0 would be doule size
scale 1
# load the mesh file, this is stored into the dpm as frame 0
scene demon.smd
scene stand.smd
scene walk.smd
scene run.smd
scene leap.smd
scene pain.smd
scene death.smd
scene attacka.smd