new item and a new model

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
xammurapi

new item and a new model

Post by xammurapi »

Hello.

I'm doing a small quake-mode for multiplayer game in the style of Old Fallout, using some model (such as computers and monitors) from the resources of Fallout VanBuren

Game Engine: Darkplaces, level editor: Qoole99, the compiler maps: hmap2, compiler qc: fteqcc.

I would be glad if you answer my question.

How do I add a new static item with new model in levels?

Replacement of the existing model to the other works well. But when I try to enter a description of a new item, or misc, like armor or exploding barrels, making changes in items.qc, misc.qc, defs.qc, in the game instead of the required model appear colored pyramid. Game logic works - I can take the armor if the armor to blow up a barrel if the barrel is, but apparently they do not look like they should.

I'm sorry, I'm noob and I have not found an answer in search :cry:

Left to right: ordinary gray armor, a red armor with changes in item.qc reference to the model terminal.mdl, new armor with new model
Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

check your model directorys make sure you have no weird symbols or spaces in your file names. make sure you're compiling to the correct format. also check the directories used in your .qc and make sure you've precached everything. that weird model thats multicolored only shows up when darkplaces thinks a model is missing.