Spawning a new model in another models Frame?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

leileilol wrote:
Downsider wrote:Frikbot doesn't cut it on the PSP.
Frikbot is one of the most cpu efficient bots i've ever played with. You can game with these on slow Pentiums. I don't think you can find a lighter bot than this that fakes client functions very well without being a monster.

The PSP just sucks at floating point :lol:
I never looked much at Frikbot, I always assumed it was bloated since it has to emulate all those functions. Surely half of that can be offloaded to the engine with builtins, though?
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Downsider wrote:
leileilol wrote:
Downsider wrote:Frikbot doesn't cut it on the PSP.
Frikbot is one of the most cpu efficient bots i've ever played with. You can game with these on slow Pentiums. I don't think you can find a lighter bot than this that fakes client functions very well without being a monster.

The PSP just sucks at floating point :lol:
I never looked much at Frikbot, I always assumed it was bloated since it has to emulate all those functions. Surely half of that can be offloaded to the engine with builtins, though?
So I can't let up some memory from Bots?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I know in GL on slower systems, players (including bots) can eat up video memory with the player skin coloring. try gl_playermip 2 to save on some of that.
i should not be here