Animating in 3ds max for quake 1?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Acidmoxy

Animating in 3ds max for quake 1?

Post by Acidmoxy »

Model textured, animated and ready to go in 3ds max. I'm aware that I need to export each frame of animation to a separate 3ds file. Now, how in the heck can I compile the whole lot into a single .mdl? I hear whispers of milkshape being able to do this using a qc. file. Since my animations correspond exactly to the quake soldier, could I use the qc file for that model?
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Get it into an MD3 somehow, then use my model converter! I don't know how you will get it into MD3, though, I have no experience with 3DS Max.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
r00k

Post by r00k »

What version of 3ds Max?

I have a player model with complete animated .pts of the original Quake guy. This was put together by MonkeyRat I think...
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

r00k wrote:What version of 3ds Max?

I have a player model with complete animated .pts of the original Quake guy. This was put together by MonkeyRat I think...
Upload this please!
r00k

Post by r00k »

Here goes, including the original readme....

http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/quakeguy_ ... _0-142.zip

I wish I could remember WHO made this!! I think it was MonkeyRat :|
Here's a rar that contains player.tga, quakeguy collapsed 0-142.max, complete animations.pts, ExportMD3.dle

The 3ds max 08 file has a player model (edit poly of course) thats unwrapped and animated with all his original 0-142 frames of glory. He's the right scale, in the right pos and facing the right direction too for exporting to a md3/mdl... plus the frames are in the right order too (i've locked his pos,scale and rotation by the way). It uses a morph or point cache to be precise (you need "complete animations.pts" so don't delete it) to load all the different frames. Not really good for much, besides ref if your making a new model or animating one.