Frame error wat?

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Ghost_Fang

Frame error wat?

Post by Ghost_Fang »

Ok, so i got this character model, and to text it out i made the frames match all the knights frames (perfectly) and when i kill it, it does the dying sequence perfectly, but as soon as thats done, he pops right back up and is frozen in the first frame of the death animation (but the entity is still dead) just the model does that. What up? and how do i fix it?
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

send me the model and let me test/compare it.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hmm your right... everything on the .mdl is exactly the same... you might want to try and post over in the .qc section maybe? i did find out thats ending on deathb2
Wazat

Re: Frame error wat?

Post by Wazat »

Ghost_Fang wrote:Ok, so i got this character model, and to text it out i made the frames match all the knights frames (perfectly) and when i kill it, it does the dying sequence perfectly, but as soon as thats done, he pops right back up and is frozen in the first frame of the death animation (but the entity is still dead) just the model does that. What up? and how do i fix it?
Could it be some frame group or something? If replacing the knight model without QC changes causes this bug, then I think it's an issue with the model not the QC. But it doesn't make sense if the frames are exactly the same...

Maybe some frame is misordered, missing, etc. Or as I said above, maybe there's a frame group (even a bugged one) that's making it look like there's more frames than Quake will see. If the death frames are the last ones, and the QC takes it over the number of frames the model has, it will default to frame 0, which I'm assuming is the stand frame.

I recommend manually counting through the frames and making absolutely sure the counts per anim are identical. There could be something slightly off somewhere.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i saw no differences what so ever, could it be that some of his frames a duplicates?