making a multi use model for quake modders.

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ceriux

making a multi use model for quake modders.

Post by ceriux »

So , iv been working on this model... since i havnt been able to contact chillo lately... and i was wondering what you guys would want to see in for a player model...

Anyways finished before any reply's... at least with the main part...

still could use any crits, comments, or ideas...

Video of my first attempt at rigging -.- ... with a little bit of animation ( only a few secs long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC0XlRZm_Bg
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

since i havnt gotten any replys, iv decided to make him in different "themes" i figured id start simple then work on others... so to start im going to make my version of the quake guy to go with style of the model. here's what i got so far.

(ps i pretty much got a rig all set up and ready for him =D )

frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Are you doing a player replacement ? Or it can be used, let's say, as a generic NPC or bad guy ? I thikn the last one would be more useful, Quake is really lacking in this department. Simple animations like walking, running, talking - you know, the kind of stuff NPC's and/or enemies does in game.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

give him a gun for a face!!!!!

naw just kidding

so far it's looking good :D
bah
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

frag.machine wrote:Are you doing a player replacement ? Or it can be used, let's say, as a generic NPC or bad guy ? I thikn the last one would be more useful, Quake is really lacking in this department. Simple animations like walking, running, talking - you know, the kind of stuff NPC's and/or enemies does in game.
the plan is what ever is wanted... should i use md3, or mdl? both is an option later down on the line maybe...

keep in mind iv never animated before. so im learning to do it as i do this. animation will take a little time.
st3ady

Post by st3ady »

looks good ceriux keep it up!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

im going to have to redo it all, my pc had some kind of failure and i had to reformat which really sucks because i was literally about to back up my progress when it happened... no fear though... it should be finished. before i end up having to leave to school =(
r00k

Post by r00k »

Nice looking model, hopefully you can finish this by next summer!
It looks proportionately correct, unlike some other human models out there... kinda reminds me of an android :)