Some practise

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Jokerzwild420

Some practise

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

well heres a pic of a pistol i modeled today...im not that great at uv mapping and i also made the model different from the concept i used so thats also why it doesnt look so great lol..but here goes..

xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..I'm not a modeler, but I think they look ok for practice guns and practices makes for better models... Keep it up. What are you modeling with?
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

milkshape 3d
Jokerzwild420

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

milkshape 3D...n yea its just all for sum practice and what not =D

( if anyone gots any crits on things i could do better or change plz lemme kno !! thnx )
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

when you post image's use the link they tell you not to use and use the img button above the post before you make it to post it.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..I'm familiar with it... :wink:
ceriux wrote:milkshape 3d

Jokerzwild420

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

aight srry lol =/ didnt kno...haha thnx xaGe !
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Naa... The way you did it was fine too... Its up to you.
Jokerzwild420 wrote:aight srry lol =/ didnt kno...haha thnx xaGe !
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

i use photobucket, seems like less pop-ups to block
bah
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

The basic shape of the model seems nice, though a little 2d (the top and back etc could use more detailing.

A better UVmap is definately needed to avoid the skin stetching too.
Apathy Now!
Jokerzwild420

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

haha ya i wasnt really tryin 2 uv map it i just sorta slapped that on it..ya i had a hard time trying 2 figure out what 2 do for the detail on it so it didnt end up looking like 2 blocks sitting on each other lol but thnx tho ! as u can see i still got a lot of practice 2 do
Jokerzwild420

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

work on a machine gun..im gettin better at detail i think :) ill finish it tommarow after skool..need sleep for exams -.-..
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

Jokerzwild420 wrote:work on a machine gun..im gettin better at detail i think :) ill finish it tommarow after skool..need sleep for exams -.-..
PFFt exams, i got those also, but not tomorrow i think, maybe later?
bah
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Jokerzwild420 wrote:Image

work on a machine gun..im gettin better at detail i think :) ill finish it tommarow after skool..need sleep for exams -.-..
Looks like your drawing polys over an image, when you extrude. Extrude so there are three segments, this way you can pull some polys from the middle segment to make the model less boxy ...
Working on Solitude
Jokerzwild420

Post by Jokerzwild420 »

SamUK wrote:Looks like your drawing polys over an image, when you extrude. Extrude so there are three segments, this way you can pull some polys from the middle segment to make the model less boxy ...
yea ive been trying 2 figure out how 2 make a model like that =/..i can kinda get it but i usually get stuck and cant figure out how 2 fix it or w.e 2 finish the model..needa do some more work :) i think ima keep redoing this model trying 2 make it better/less polys everytime till i "mastered" making the model..seems like good practice ?
MeTcHsteekle wrote:PFFt exams, i got those also, but not tomorrow i think, maybe later?
lucky -.-...i got them everyday this week..hah there kinda important 2 me this time around its either pass this or fail 1st semester of my 10th grade year ..fun fun lol

EDIT: i have finished the model ill post up screenshots tommarow