ShoTro's Quake One Modeling thread

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
ShoTro

Post by ShoTro »

Error wrote:what app are you using to make these?
Blender3D I have about 20 models at this time that are Quake ready, some textured some aren't. I can mock them in about a half hour easily enough once I have an idea, takes a couple days to finalize a model and rig it for animation.
Error wrote:are you thinking of animating and releasing?
Animating is where I am having a lot of issues, I am going to release a rigged version of Master Chief on Monday. No idea about what kind of gun people would like to see him have if any. Which is what this thread is about, gimme ideas!!!
Error wrote:are you going to include a gun in the model?
I seriously am not sure which of the many guns should be included, I was thinking the plasma sword would be awesome and maybe a reduced poly AR.
Error wrote:will the animations match quake's player.mdl animations?
Who knows, if someone has an idea what to do or would like to animate it I would be more then happy to provide them with the files needed to do so.

The only issue I see is the way I textured Master Chief I might need to rework his texture to make it display properly in Quake.
RenegadeC wrote: If he keeps the bones intact I can really do some awesome work in a mod :P
If you know of an easy way to animate a model or have experience with animation using Preach's method then I can rig either of these bad boys up. Would like help learning to get the animations working in Quake.
Shoot everything that moves. When it stops moving shoot it again just for good measure.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

lol we cud team up and make Versus X
i should not be here
ShoTro

Post by ShoTro »

leileilol wrote:lol we cud team up and make Versus X
What is Versus X?
Shoot everything that moves. When it stops moving shoot it again just for good measure.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

dream team deathmatch for the modern day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndTrgzHP23g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88MsP6HVfY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XMV9KFkZ18

Videos of Versus (1999) before master chief was something.
i should not be here
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

yes bring ing up another old thread [hopes u no get to mad]

did anyone ever manige to aminate the "mutant" because that is accsually what i was looking for for the grumbler
{wich of course is supposedto shoot a hook and was supposed to be made by the side effects of teleporting through over used teleies.. i mean like ya :arrow: } :arrow:
bah
ShoTro

Post by ShoTro »

MeTcHsteekle wrote:yes bring ing up another old thread [hopes u no get to mad]

did anyone ever manige to aminate the "mutant" because that is accsually what i was looking for for the grumbler
{wich of course is supposedto shoot a hook and was supposed to be made by the side effects of teleporting through over used teleies.. i mean like ya :arrow: } :arrow:
These efforts brought to my attention for the need of a proper exporter for blender, sadly I have a new job now and had to move putting hobbies on hiatus for a bit. I am starting to look over my code and getting back into testing a new export code that handles armature animations within blender. If you would like the MDL or blend files let me know, I can make any of these available upon request. Good ideas for new models are always appreciated as well.
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

oh ok, ya i guess i can use the mdl, i might try try :? anime if it has a skelition, but it might mave less than 20 animations :P

ok i got blender, and i managed to move a square around so far, but it cannot read mdl's...what do i need/do, some kinda plugin?
bah
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

oooh the scilent treatment ;"

or u r not nar ur computer for past day

when u read this, i suggest put both phile types in a zip and shubhub them ;]
bah