Quake Engine and Visual C++ Express 2008

Post tutorials on how to do certain tasks within game or engine code here.
Stroggos

Quake Engine and Visual C++ Express 2008

Post by Stroggos »

Ive been wanting to mod the quake engine for a while largly because of mh's DirectQ which is and im not being a suck up my favourite Quake Port because it is so simple. Anyway i only have VC++ Express 2008 and someone here said how to do it but didnt go into much detail so basicly how would you do it???
Baker

Re: Quake Engine and Visual C++ Express 2008

Post by Baker »

Stroggos wrote:Ive been wanting to mod the quake engine for a while largly because of mh's DirectQ which is and im not being a suck up my favourite Quake Port because it is so simple. Anyway i only have VC++ Express 2008 and someone here said how to do it but didnt go into much detail so basicly how would you do it???
http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1281
mh

Post by mh »

DirectQ should work very well with 2008 Express. It was originally a 2008 Express project before I back-ported it to 2003. :D

Really, it should just be a matter of opening the project, choosing to convert it, selecting all the defaults, and job done.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
Stroggos

Post by Stroggos »

mh wrote:DirectQ should work very well with 2008 Express. It was originally a 2008 Express project before I back-ported it to 2003. :D

Really, it should just be a matter of opening the project, choosing to convert it, selecting all the defaults, and job done.
Yeah DirectQ works a treat when compiling thanks!!!