Sony PSP Quake compile instructions (request)

Post tutorials on how to do certain tasks within game or engine code here.
Baker

Sony PSP Quake compile instructions (request)

Post by Baker »

Can one of the Sony PSP compiling-capable engine coders post instructions on how this is done?

I've managed to accumulate a lot of downloads related to this and so far can't seem to make them work together.

I've got CygWin, MinGW g++ compilers, PSPSDK, the Kurok PSP Quake source code and as I understand it I actually even need 2 more items.
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

try download PSPDev for Win32 it contain everythink needed
________
vaporizer reviews
Last edited by Sisah on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Sisah

Post by Sisah »

yeah its this what i use maybe newer version also i find that kurok source missing one file lightmaps.h and i must first comment out some lines but it work i have done your hl map tutorial with some bugs
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer
Last edited by Sisah on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
muhu

Post by muhu »

This is where it all began. :twisted:
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

Just use Cygwin. It's the most complete and not insanely difficult to set up. You won't regret it, but you may if you use one of the other solutions.
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

I assume you would like to know how to compile for the PSP because your the other engine coder at Solitude.

Well I will show you how I compile my engine at Solitude (I am the other engine coder at Solitude).

First find a tutorial online for installing Cygwin and the PSP Toolchain.
If you want I will upload my Cygwin with the PSP Toolchain.
It is typically a four hour install for the PSP Toolchain, so I would gladly upload it for you instead.

In c ase you didn't know this, the Kurok Source code SVN is missing a Source file called lightmaps.h. It also has a few other errors in there. So you will need to fix them first.

Then after you have all of that you just navigate to your source directory in Cygwin and go to the PSP directory then type make.
And the Eboot will start to be compiled.

Also the source files for PSP Quake and Kurok are setup weird the only file for GL is gl_warp_sin.h the rest are named and changed and combined to other files in the PSP directory.

Also, everyone at Solitude is wondering where you have been. We all know that you are active at other forums. If you didn't comeback because you couldn't compile the Engine, please comeback I will give you the stuff we are using to compile it. I mean you are one of the best Quake coders around we really need you.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Wait, you both work on the same mod/game, but don't discuss these sorts of things internally?
I was once a Quake modder
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

seems a little silly to me too..... :?:
r00k

Post by r00k »

".you go over there and work for 6 months, I'll go over here and, this summer lets compare our results.." Can you imagine coding all that time and never hitting the build button? :P jk
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

Baker has not been in contact with us for months now.

He hasn't been to the forums for it in months and we suspect he has left the project without warning.
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

Baker is busy doing Baker stuff...thats not Quake Baker stuff

aka.;

Baker: Quick! To the Baker Mobile *dananananananan danananana BAKER!!! etc etc.*
bah
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

Funny how when I pictured that in my head Baker was Quakeguy and his Bakermobile was a computer moniter which he dove into.