MOTD and prydon

Need help with a tutorial found on InsideQC.com? Post here.
ceriux

MOTD and prydon

Post by ceriux »

i was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with this tutorial i know nothing of modding for quake nor coding/scripting of any kind and was wondering if someone could help me with this .

http://inside3d.com/showtutorial.php?id=129
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

It probably won't work well with the prydon code base. If you can tell me what you want I can probably whip something up way better.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hey :D i was just wanting something that says "welcome to prydon central please visit prydon.co.nr " or something when a new player joins my server.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Does your server run the 1.5 version (found in the news section of the prydongate site)? I see on your site you have a merged file which (iirc) is pointless because 1.5 includes everything.

Note to self: remove 1.3 version from download page on /prydongate
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

yea i have the latest version, so 1.5 includes both the expansion map packs plus the sounds? and the updated data file or w/e?

if so, ill remove that and just delete that installer and just make a regular cleaner easy installer for prydon then.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

It includes everything except the updated progs.dat, some minor bug fixes were made after the initial 1.5 release, so the final package is the 1.5 version and the updated progs. That's it.

Edit: clients don't need the progs.dat unless they plan to play locally, it's not needed for connecting to a server.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

ahh ok, well ill remake the easy installer and inlude it still just incase someone else would like to make a server and we could get a slightly bigger community for prydon going :) ill start working on that now.