New Something!

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Tei

New Something!

Post by Tei »

I have release a new version of Telejano that fix a problem loading .spr32 files. This version will load mods with that files, but support its not yet.

I have tested that with Conquest wazat mod, that works ok with this release.

Wazat

Post by Wazat »

That's great. I guess I forgot to test for compadibility for spr32. *blush*

I'm glad Conquest is running in Telejano.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Entar

Post by Entar »

You're not the only one :D!

I just got Conquest working (sorta) in Vengeance (new release hopefully soon, v1.25).

Some features work:

And some features don't:

That big blue thing in the back is that poor grunt's shield. And that strange weapon I'm holding is my shotgun... The blue thing might be due to the fact that my engine does not yet have alpha - as for the gun? not a clue... (just fixed the gun problem - just had to delete my glquake folder in id1 and conquest folder)

At least it runs, and I've made some nice addons to my engine in the process :D

EDIT: BTW - I just sorta renamed smoke.mdl to smoke.spr32 and put the old spr32 somewhere else, just for the sake o' getting it working :shock: :)
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Congrats to both of you! :D

It's really too bad that the DC coders are having so much trouble with saving files for FRIK_FILE support. They seem like a cool community.

Anyway, a few things I recommend for Conquest support:
checkextension
alpha
glowing
large model/skin support
pow & other math functions
MOVETYPE_BOUNCE and FOLLOW
TE_SPARK and other DP effects

Near the top of 0defs.qc I list all the extensions Conquest checks for, so you can usually know what's being used. However, I'm forgetting to check for .spr32 support and a few other things (as pointed out by Entar), so it looks like I'll have to be more careful to keep compadibility up.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Tei

Post by Tei »

Entar:

Maybe you have to delete the "precalculate vertex" that maybe you engine generate. I forgot the extension, name and location .. hehe..
Entar

Post by Entar »

:roll: << All you engine coders: Click the smiley!