Telejano Webpage - UPDATED!

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Teiman

Telejano Webpage - UPDATED!

Post by Teiman »

I have problems on my berlios account with quota space.
So the wiki has problems. I have created a static website to able people to download the thing, and I have move the wiki offline. I will retore the wiki online if the problem with space is solved.

The new website is UGLAS, and 6 fingers on hands and Geocities genes.

http://telejano.berlios.de
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Sweet! And welcome back, Tei :D
Any chance of seeing new projects made by you popping up on your site or even new versions of Telejano?
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

CocoT wrote:Sweet! And welcome back, Tei :D
Any chance of seeing new projects made by you popping up on your site or even new versions of Telejano?
I am not really super-loving the last version*. But finishing something is hard enough. Lets the dead continue dead, please, or will confuse the living.

Anyway I am still building a computer for developing task. I still have problems with my compiler. I am triing a free beta, Visual Studio 9.
And suffering for it, almost everything is night imposible to compile.

I can already compile ezQuake, and a old version of Telejano (telejano 6).
I guest maybe I can try to continue helping the ezQuake proyect.
Do you know where is the developping forum or mallist for ezQuake?
I am that lost. Registered on SourceForge as a team menber, but I have no idea about proyect direction, coordination, etc. I think is have write rights on the CVS.

*:HINT: Seems that now I hate the last version. But anyway all my money is on the DarkPlaces bank :D
Baker

Post by Baker »

Tei, do you know what mod the above?
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

Baker wrote:Image

Tei, do you know what mod the above?
No idea about the player model. Maybe is the OpenQuartz model.
The map is cs_office, or other HL map. As telejano can load these.
The skybox is a bad one for a snow map, but anyway..
fonzman357

Telejano on Mac OS/X

Post by fonzman357 »

Hello Teiman. I've seen some screenshots for Telejano, and I'd love to try it out! It really looks awesome.

Unfortunately, I only have an Intel MacBook right now, and a couple of PC's running Linux. and I've had a hard time finding out how to run it on either. Is there any way to do this?

Sorry if this is a noob question :oops:
--Oh Yes, it will be mine. --
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Teiman

Re: Telejano on Mac OS/X

Post by Teiman »

fonzman357 wrote:Hello Teiman. I've seen some screenshots for Telejano, and I'd love to try it out! It really looks awesome.

Unfortunately, I only have an Intel MacBook right now, and a couple of PC's running Linux. and I've had a hard time finding out how to run it on either. Is there any way to do this?

Sorry if this is a noob question :oops:
Hi!, you can run Telejano in linux trough wine. Has ben tested and work ( -ipx has ben disabled by default because old versions of wine have conflicts with it ).
I recomend you old versions of the engine. Because look better, and because will work better on lowtech hardware. Avoid the last one, is ugly.

The screenshots on the telejano webpage are from a zillion different mods and engine versions, so I doubt you will get all this eyecandy in a single spot.

I dont know about your particular problems with videocards. You can ask the people on this forums, has his english is good, mine is horrible, and I am not good as to generate advices to fix problems.

Here is a good source for all things files quake:
http://shub-hub.com/
...engines:
http://shub-hub.com/index.cgi?action=li ... ngleplayer

Try old versions of Telejano.

Ooops.. I forgot. Also try other engines. MhQuake can be good for very low cards. Tomazquake, CheapHack,... etc.. The best engine nowdays from a tech POV is DarkPlaces. So you *must* try that one.

Good luck!
fonzman357

Telejano working... almost

Post by fonzman357 »

Teiman, thanks for the reply!

I actually fixed my PC by installing a new video card. I have Darkplaces and Telejano and they look A M A Z I N G ! :shock:

I actually like Telejano more than DarkPlaces, but I have one problem: I installed the high resolution textures from QRP, but some of the textures appear upside down in the game. :? Does anyone here know how to fix this problem?
--Oh Yes, it will be mine. --
Teiman

Re: Telejano working... almost

Post by Teiman »

fonzman357 wrote:I actually like Telejano more than DarkPlaces,
Hehehe..

...but I have one problem: I installed the high resolution textures from QRP, but some of the textures appear upside down in the game. :? Does anyone here know how to fix this problem?
Hummm...

Try to convert the inverted texture to png. Is a bug on Telejano. But theres also inverted textures on the maps (like the teleport one on start.bsp). You can blame to me almost 80% this to me, and 0% to the texture creators. That even tried to send me source code and things to fix this. But I can be a really lame coder.
Teiman

Re: Telejano working... almost

Post by Teiman »

Humm... I have found a few KIU-1 screenshots ...oh the memories!

http://usuarios.lycos.es/zenzener/shots/
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I still have ThunderCats!.
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

leileilol wrote:I still have ThunderCats!.
Hehehehe... thanks CheapAlert! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

[ insert waffle that validates me posting a vaguely related subject in somebody else's thread ]
Hi. Quaketerminus will be back up in about 10 days (ish). I've moved the domain and the website host. I'm just waiting for a new broadband connection before re-uploading the site. I may add a new section actually - "The junkyard". I'm thinking of putting my life in it...

The files are still hosted on the old webhost, and can be accessed (with much messing about) here (...kinda):
http://www.jerryc.co.uk/quaketerminus

An example:
http://www.jerryc.co.uk/quaketerminus/t ... _v0191.zip

This is only temp. The site will be 100% back to the normal URL in 10 (odd) days. Laters.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

OUT OF DATE!

0192!!!