Telejano Webpage - UPDATED!

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

OUT OF DATE!

0192!!!
Noted. :wink:
Spirit

Re: Telejano Webpage - UPDATED!

Post by Spirit »

Grave-digging like a professional, but I don't like many topics for one theme, so here it goes:

I have trouble running Telejano ( ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/telejano/direc ... pecial.rar) on Wine. It works but screenshots don't. I get a message pop-up that says "Error opening /shots/telejano_000.tga: No such file or directory". I created id1/shots/ but that did not help.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Baker

Post by Baker »

Does Linux or Wine have a screenshot key? Windows does.

I use Wine a lot on OS X and nothing prevents me from taking screenshots via the operating system screenshot shortcuts (on a Mac this is Command + Control + Shift + 3 or 4 depending on whether or not I want to get the window or the entire screen).

I guess what I am really saying is if the engine way of taking screenshots isn't working, why not use the operating system way? Part of me likes the idea of converting these engines to SDL or native Linux, yet I have only so much time so I cannot dedicate myself to crazy stuff that isn't going to be interesting to very many ppl.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Spirit wrote:Grave-digging like a professional, but I don't like many topics for one theme, so here it goes:

I have trouble running Telejano ( ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/telejano/direc ... pecial.rar) on Wine. It works but screenshots don't. I get a message pop-up that says "Error opening /shots/telejano_000.tga: No such file or directory". I created id1/shots/ but that did not help.
Sounds like either a write access issue (chmod +w shots) or maybe it's assuming the actual path as /home/spirit/shots.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yuck, it actually tries to write to the /shots/ directory, that is /shots/ as if it was the unix path.
stat64("/home/me/quake-wine/dosdevices/z:/shots/telejano_000.tga", 0x32d324) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
So I removed the symlink to / that is z: and put a normal directory there. And then it saved to "C:\shots\". Dear god...
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Yeah, the more adequate path would be "./shots" (keeping the default behavior for the Quake sandbox) or at least "~/shots/" (so you can redefine it as you please).

Speaking about Telejano, where's Tei ? It's a long time since I heard (or read) anything from him.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)