fhdoom

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
frag.machine

Re: fhdoom

Post by frag.machine »

Offtopic: the previous post keeps appearing to me as "unread" even after I read it. Don't know if this is a sign of a bigger problem with our forums but may be worth to check out.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
revelator

Post by revelator »

yeah something fishy also happened the other day when replying to the last post in this thread, it just dissapered after i pressed submit, but the post counter says i posted it wtf.
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Btw something me and others seemed to have gotten wrong is the use of glVertexAttribPointer and wether it is possible to replace fixed function vertex operations such as glVertexPointer with them. If the function in question does not use a shader then no you cannot use glVertexAttribPointers you will have to use the old glVertexPointer glTexcoordPointer etc.
The docs on it are pretty scarce so it took me a while to find this out myself, in Doom3 the only way forward would be GLSL like fhDoom now uses cause even though the old ARB shaders
support most of the functions we are lacking attribs for, the code would be rather massive as compared to doing it with modern shaders.
revelator

Post by revelator »

To clarify why vertexattribpointers dont seem to work with non fixed functions, i tried to set these via uniformlocation like it was done in raynorpats GLSL backend for Doom3.
Sadly while nvidia seems to accept these emulated locations AMD does not, so its a one card horse that has been beat to death sadly :/.

Raynors GLSL backend also exhibit some strange bugs with the latest AMD drivers, causing specular light to sinus from almost black to impossibly bright.