Xash3D with QuakeC support[Quake Wrapper 0.6]

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

Re: Xash3D with QuakeC support[alpha release]

Post by revelator »

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadva ... z/download

xash3d plus xashxt mod ported to msvc 2013 and 2010, includes complete sdk for building games with xash and xashxt mod.

You need the older xash3d engine version 3598 (included) to work with xashxt mods since the new version has deprecated some things that xashxt mod relies on.

The latest 4070 version of xash3d is a lot more stable for half-life and mods though since a lot of fixes have went into it. Unfortunatly materials support was removed from it by the original developer to keep it as close as possible to half-life's normal operation, the 3598 version works fine though it maybe a little stuttery at times (mostly on level change).
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Re: Xash3D with QuakeC support[alpha release]

Post by revelator »

Im going to backport the option to use external materials to version 4070 of the engine since it is a nice feature.
Also looking into spiffing up a few things with glsl and batch rendering for optimization.

Engine effects will be held clientside (bloom for instance), shadowmaps and overbrights might make it inside the renderer itself.

Hope it will spur some development, it could easily be used for quake games.
Max_Salivan

Re: Xash3D with QuakeC support[Quake Wrapper 0.6]

Post by Max_Salivan »

Quake Wrapper updated to 0.6 version
Sorry for my english :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

last version breaks blueshift completely.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Took a while but i fixed the blueshift breakage.
Turned out the patch to unlock blueshift does not run correctly on windows 10 (batch files do not start where you think if run as admin on win10 sigh) and so it fails to convert the maps.
So i had to do it manually...

Theres a tool that comes with xash3d that should do the same but there are no help files nor any readme and the program is silent about what options it has, so i newer got it working.
New version looks quite good but it removes materials support completely so no HD textures for U!!! unless you use HD wads.
Seems like uncle mike decided to only support these features with XashXT so it is now completely moot to use for prettifying half-life since XashXT
is geared more towards new mods using xash and you cannot run half-life with all its features by default anyway since that would require recompiling half-lifes client dll with XashXT support.