To the admins

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
frag.machine

To the admins

Post by frag.machine »

Hey FrikaC (or whoever is in charge nowadays),

Not sure if it's the right place, please feel free to move the discussion if you think is the case.

Since last update Firefox is flagging the login page as insecure because we are not using HTTPS. Besides the point of being annoying, the truth is this is a valid security warning that shouldn't be ignored. Since I tend to create similar passwords among services I use (and I pretty sure am not the only one), I'd think would be more than desirable not having them flying over the internet tubes as plain text.

I know this wasn't an option in the past because the embedded cost of a certificate, but since last year there is an option of getting a free SSL certificate from the Let's Encrypt project (https://letsencrypt.org), so maybe it's a good idea now to evaluate the possibility ? I must confess I don't know exactly the work involved on it. Is it complicated and/or expensive ?
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
revelator

Re: To the admins

Post by revelator »

Just needs some encryption on the page i guess, TLS SSL or the likes.

Yep my firefox also acts up.
Productivity is a state of mind.