Quake "champions"

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ceriux

Quake "champions"

Post by ceriux »

Watching the sneak peak now. Not very impressed. The coolest part about it was that I got to see the quake marine...
frag.machine

Re: Quake "champions"

Post by frag.machine »

Here's the video

It's too early to start whinning :P But no mentions to single player makes me sad. I don't want an updated Q3.

Oh well, let's wait and see, maybe we willl be surprised just like was the case with DOOM.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

sounded a lot like q3 mixed with overwatch... id rather have the q1 reboot.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

And now a totally unrelated note: Machine Games (also unrelated to me :P ) just released DOPA, a 11 map episode celebrating the 20th birthday of our beloved Quake. Here is the direct link to download. Personally I found it a bit unbalanced on the last maps in nightmare (I ran out of ammo a lot), but loved the architecture and had a pretty good time. Too bad there is no new artwork (textures or models).

And now I wonder if they are secretly working in a single player Quake reboot and are just teasing us...
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

is there also a website showing off screenshots or anything?
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

ceriux wrote:is there also a website showing off screenshots or anything?
Just downloaded it, played the first map. Go ahead and download it, its only 5.3mb and good stuff.

My only complaint is that it could have used some hipnotic (missionpack1) stuffs.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Finished my first run through it.

Overall, pretty good architecturally. The last map (The Year ZERO) definitely had ammo and health issues though. (DO try to get monsters to infight) This definitely would have benefited from a custom progs.dat and some hipnotic weapons though.

Now to do another run through it for all the secrets and "The House of Doom"...
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Well, Bethesda just released this teaser. Gorgeous graphics, frantic gameplay a la Quake 3...
Looks awesome. And when I think we won't get a single player version... It sounds more absurd than ever. :(
revelator

Post by revelator »

Willits mentioned that they dont rule out a singleplayer version of it so lets see :)
Productivity is a state of mind.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

IGN gameplay video. Personally I found it a little... weak.. personally I don't like it but, hey.. probably it's just me! :biggrin:

Rocket launcher is Quake's one with steroids! That model is great I must say!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Julius

Post by Julius »

Must be from a pretty unpolished alpha... Xonotic looks and plays better than that I would say :) But after the usual polish it will probably compare less favorable.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Quakeguy trailer released. And he talks. Well, trash talk. Like Duke Nukem. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TaJO_58ZE
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Ah..marketing, marketing..where did you lead us?..
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

frag.machine wrote:Quakeguy trailer released. And he talks. Well, trash talk. Like Duke Nukem. :/

Watched it. Looks like Q3A, and judging from the comment Quakeguy makes at the end, a sequel to it.

Doesn't really get me hyped though. Also, hes nowhere near as funny as Duke is. :/
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Dr. Shadowborg wrote:
frag.machine wrote:Quakeguy trailer released. And he talks. Well, trash talk. Like Duke Nukem. :/

Watched it. Looks like Q3A, and judging from the comment Quakeguy makes at the end, a sequel to it.
Doesn't really get me hyped though. Also, hes nowhere near as funny as Duke is. :/
Regardless of being funny or not (spoiler: it is not), Quakeguy is a silent character since, well, forever. It's a sin similar to having a talkative Freeman (Freeman's Mind does not count because he is THINKING, and also because is pure gold).