Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Moderator: InsideQC Admins
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Version 1.5.7 of Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is released:
- Code: Select all
* All platforms, gameplay, mission pack: fixed an hcode bug which would
make the spiders seemingly invincible for a difficulty-depending time.
* All platforms, gameplay: Crusader partial heal at certain experience
thresholds now starts at level 3 to be consistent with the manual.
* All platforms, gameplay: Many small HexenC fixes and clean-ups.
* All platforms, hexen2: Better cross-map demo playback support.
* OpenGL: fix screenshots when screen width isn't a multiple of 4.
* OpenGL: minor gamma updates.
* Windows: fixed DPI scaling issues.
* Windows, CD audio: fixed the "-cddev" command line option.
* Music: Support for FLAC codec and tracker (MOD) music including unreal
umx files. (edit the makefiles to enable when compiling.)
* Utils, hcc: Added a command line option "-os" to compact the strings
heap by eliminating duplicates. some minor revisions.
* Utils, jsh2color: ignore minlight values from the -light command line
switch: eliminates the majority of the ugly black patches from eidolon
and rider2c maps. bumped its version to 1.2.6.
* All platforms: External wal texture loading is now a compile time
option, disabled by default.
* HexenWorld: Support for a new protocol 26: if the client sends '*cap'
userinfo with a 'c', the server returns protocol 26 instead of 25 and
sends the sound and model lists in small chunks like quakeworld does.
Old clients versus new servers and new clients versus old servers are
not affected and run using the original protocol 25 as they used to.
The new protocol 26 connection sequence avoids packet fragmentation.
* DOS: HexenWorld is now supported on DOS. requires uhexen2 v1.5.7 or
newer hexenworld servers to connect. (see above for hw protocol 26.)
* DOS: OpenGL support on 3Dfx Voodoo cards.
* DOS: Experimental support for several PCI sound cards (see README.dos)
* Several small fixes, tidy-ups, safeguards elsewhere in the sources.
* Added a shell script to run different versions of the game which can
be useful for system-wide installations. (see scripts/hexen2-run.sh)
* Removed the gtk launcher.
* Updated third-party libraries (music codecs and SDL).
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:42 pm
Cool, I happened to be playing a recent dev build earlier today! Over time, I've played this on FreeDOS, DosBox and a few versions of Linux and Windows. The consistency and stability across platforms is a great achievement.
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:51 am
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest