FTEQCC Gui Customization

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Shpuld

FTEQCC Gui Customization

Post by Shpuld »

Hey guys,

Today Spike added support to customize the look of your FTEQCC Gui with an external cfg file. (Well, the code view atleast.)
Previously this was only doable by modifying the source and changing some values sent to scintilla, which is responsible for most of the things in the code view.

In order to get a scintilla.cfg file, you have to create it in the directory where you have your fteqccgui executable, leave it empty, and the compiler will see it and fill it with default values.
As a warning I have to say that the default template doesn't tell you anything as itself, you need either scintilla documentation or fteqcc source to be able to understand it.

BUT WORRY NOT MY FRIENDS:
I made my own custom config for a darker theme and a bit more varied colors for the different things in the code, and more importantly also commented the file a little bit so that it is much easier to understand.
So those curious enough to implement their own themes should be able to figure it out and with trial-and-error get what they wanted.

Download for the latest FTEQCC Gui:
http://triptohell.info/moodles/win32/fteqccgui.exe

Download of my config here (drop it into the same folder with the latest fteqccgui.exe):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bff5nxudpkovq ... a.cfg?dl=0

Screenshot of my config here:
toneddu2000

Re: FTEQCC Gui Customization

Post by toneddu2000 »

Wow Shpuld, very cool theme! Thanks for sharing(and thanks ALWAYS to Spike for his awesome work on FTEQW/FTEQCC)!
I'd like to create a .qc xml settings file for Notepad++, with autocompletion and stuff, but I still didn't figure out how to do it
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
OneManClan

Re: FTEQCC Gui Customization

Post by OneManClan »

Brilliant, LOVE it, thanks! :biggrin: