FTE - setup and deploy a dedicated server

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
toneddu2000

Re: FTE - setup and deploy a dedicated server

Post by toneddu2000 »

now, with vanilla NetRadiant and Q3Map2 32bit, q3 map is loaded perfectly by FTEQW server. YAYYYY!
Probably fte has some map bounds limits somewhere in the code. Infact, earlier, I was testing a map compiled with a custom version of both NetRadiant and Q3map2, created by me to displaye huge maps.
Anyway previous fte version (4802) crashed even on Focal Point sock's q3 map so, it was a real problem, not just a whim of mine! :D

Now I've just a little problem with quakec (second client "possesses" first client movements and first client screen goes crazy) but I'll figure it out in few days!

The only thing to understand now (engine side) is why a local server started locally with protocol name -ftesimple is not shown in the servers list. I'll do some tests: fist test - I'll upload a fte server on a web server of mine and let's see if fte can see it!

Thanks a lot Spike for your great contribution!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
toneddu2000

Re: FTE - setup and deploy a dedicated server

Post by toneddu2000 »

Now I've just a little problem with quakec (second client "possesses" first client movements and first client screen goes crazy) but I'll figure it out in few days!
Ok - SOLVED -
If you have same problem add in cs/defs.c (or whatever you named your defs for csqc)

Code: Select all

vector view_org; //player origin
now in your player predraw add

if (self.entnum == player_localentnum){
		view_org = self.origin;	//without this, player view, when another client connects, becomes crazy
	}
NOTE: you don't need to declare entnum and player_localentnum. It has been already declared in ftextensions.qc
now in CSQC_UpdateView

setviewprop(VF_ORIGIN, view_org);//player position frame by frame
setviewprop(VF_ANGLES, view_angles); //player orientation frame by frame
Now additional client should not "possess" previous client view anymore.
Sorry for posting here, instead of posting it in the CSQC section, but it was related to a question I put in first place
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine