CG Hubs campaign (need help)

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Chip

CG Hubs campaign (need help)

Post by Chip »

Hi guys, I need your help with promoting my latest project. I've spent the last 3 months building an indie CG community site - http://cghubs.com/.

This is not Quake-related, but I've been a member of this community for several years and I know lots of users will appreciate this.

You may or may not know that CGHUB closed down a few months ago, we are not affiliated with CGHUB, its developer or its owner. Our new CG Hubs has slowly evolved into an indie community of CG artists, designers and painters. We need your help to promote and share this Indiegogo campaign - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cg-hubs/x/8150997. A very detailed description and project story can be found here - http://cghubs.com/about/.

We need more people to get involved, support our campaign, share this event and help us acquire the funds we need to keep it working. We want to ask you to publish a press release, write a blog post, share on social networks or just tell your friends about our initiative.

I need help with promoting the site, the Indiegogo campaign, anything you can do to help.

Chip
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
revelator

Re: CG Hubs campaign (need help)

Post by revelator »

Wish i was better at scripting but its a worthy cause, so if i can help i dont mind lending a hand.
Should probably try to get sikkpin drafted hees one hell of a shader programmer :) he should still have an account here so you could PM him.
Productivity is a state of mind.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

is this like a polycount type thing?
Chip

Post by Chip »

Thank you, I will.

@ceriux, no, Polycount's a forum. This is something like the old CGHUB.com or like ArtStation or like DrawCrowd. With our unique features, of course.
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I wouldn't be calling it "cghubs", and Polycount's more than a forum.
i should not be here
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I think you might have more success if you detailed why money is needed and what exactly it would be used for. There is only a small snippet about that on the page and it is really vague.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Chip

Post by Chip »

@Spirit, you may be right, I'll add a detailed article now.

@leilei, why not call it cghubs? I know about the mixup with CGHUB, but that's behind me. I've had my shared of mixed reactions, it's too late now. Let's focus on the present.
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

leileilol

Post by leileilol »

calling it Cghubs is just shameless exploitation of a dead brand and is rather disrespectful towards anyone involved with CGHub.
i should not be here
Chip

Post by Chip »

I agree and, as I told you, I had my share of mixed reactions 3 months ago, when I first announced it.

I don't think it's disrespectful, it may be an exploitation, as this was the initial purpose, to be closer to the original brand (which was not copyrighted or trademarked) and help the distressed community find a similar home. We have replicated some of the basic features of CGHUB and we now have more than 4 times the features of the said dead brand.

@Spirit: the funds breakdown is done:

"We will be using our Indiegogo funds, if the campaign is successful, to purchase a dedicated server, an SSL certificate and pay for them in advance for 5 years. We also want to hire two editors to write industry related articles and to launch weekly and monthly challenges. We also want to hire an art moderator, to fight spam and better organize art visibility on the homepage."
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays