Steel Storm A.M.M.O. needs QuakeC programmer

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
motorsep

Steel Storm A.M.M.O. needs QuakeC programmer

Post by motorsep »

Not sure where to post this, but there is an indie game developer who took on a project Steel Storm A.M.M.O. and the team fell apart (programmer didn't like QuakeC / DP for whatever reason; artist had his own thing going even before he joined the team, etc.). The code is based on original Steel Storm codebase, but multiplayer oriented now. Steel Storm A.M.M.O. is basically a MOBA mod (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) of Steel Storm.

Does anyone want to join that project to help wrapping it up on the code side? (a lot of artists asked if the team had a programmer and when found out that it didn't, they didn't want to participate; thus, having the game completed code wise is a key)
r00k

Re: Steel Storm A.M.M.O. needs QuakeC programmer

Post by r00k »

So tempting, just don't think i have any free time...:|
motorsep

Post by motorsep »

@r00k: :( indeed

I see quite an activity on Inside3d forums, but I wonder if the good times of getting modders on board are gone and perhaps the only way to make games as a team is to go for Unity / UE4 (doesn't look like people want to work on games using FOSS engines, and those who do, tend to make their own games)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

id help but i dont have the nessiary skill to.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

I tend to work with synergies instead of recruiting people. It can work really well.
r00k

Post by r00k »

well i bought the pre-release off steam for $9 just to provide some feedback in any case :)