Doom 4 trailer?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.

What's the most annoying thing you've seen in Doom E3 video?

Monsters are not so scary
No votes
Monsters sounds are too subtle and not very incisive
14%
Gameplay looks too different from original
14%
Console influence is too much present
29%
Graphics isn't so fantastic as they promised - OR - it differs too much from original
14%
Weapons don't seem to be so powerful as originals
No votes
Bethesda acquisition ruined everything
29%

Total votes: 7

toneddu2000

Re: Doom 4 trailer?

Post by toneddu2000 »

Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Irritant

Post by Irritant »

toneddu2000 wrote:almost there..
Dear god...wow!
http://red.planetarena.org - Alien Arena and the CRX engine
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

are or aren't they the best three seconds of game history? :lol:
qbism

Post by qbism »

tough shoes to fill
https://youtu.be/pKbs-KLmfE4
revelator

Post by revelator »

revenant extreme Oo
Productivity is a state of mind.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

In a very loosely related note, Brutal Doom v.20 is out.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

@qbism: awesome! - lol
@frag.machine: I've seen it, it seems really cool! I've should download it!
revelator

Post by revelator »

word has it that id/bethesda would show some more from the new game on qexpo :)

I just hope the kids of today can take it for what it is (fun) and not go totoally nuclear because its not realistic,
want realistic try war but in war you die for real ;)

Makes me kinda sad that bulletstorm newer got of for real, now several years after, the peeps playing it actually finds it enjoyable (dick jokes and all) :P
Sadly people can fly will probably newer make a second which is a shame (had me some good times there hehe).
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

want realistic try war but in war you die for real ;)
LOL!
I always found people can fly a real ARTISTIC studio, since Painkiller, one of the few fps that really incarnated the concept of "monsters waves without rest", imo

Did I already mentioned about this? This appeared to be the original reboot of Doom 2 Hell on Earth, but, apparently Id decided to switch again to claustrophobic atmosphere like in Doom3 and trash everything.
I've no idea (and without original sources how could I be) if it's for real or some jackass ripoff trailer from other games, for sure there are some environments that I've seen in leaked Doom shots (like that kind of parliament building).
It's only my opinion, but, since Doom3 was set on Mars, I'd have preferred this time to kill demons on cracked streets and ripped buildings on Earth just like that epic Doom 2 level - suburbs. But, it's, of course, just my point of view, completely arguable
revelator

Post by revelator »

Aye the scrapped the first one :/ could have been interresting but seems they decided to go back to the roots and do a more classic version.
Well combat should be something new though it seems to pretty much follow the brutal doom recipee where you can actually rip of a demons head and play football with it and stuff,
also the pace should be a lot faster than Doom3 was.

Hehe had a hunch someone would like that comment xD

And totally agree about people can fly :) those dudes can make games that rock.
mh

Post by mh »

revelator wrote:I just hope the kids of today can take it for what it is (fun) and not go totoally nuclear because its not realistic,
It's more likely that the kids of today will go nuclear when they slam their faces into a wall and don't see ultra-high 16384*16384 textures with every post-process under the sun caked-on-top, and start shrieking about "not optimized" and "console port" and "ID hates AMD" and "ID hates PCs".

The above is only half in jest. Us old farts remember when an ID game was released and you expected to have to upgrade your hardware for it. Best case was you'd get 15 fps and you'd be happy with that. You wouldn't expect to be able to max it out because it was an ID game and you never max out an ID game on release. Them days are gone :(
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
revelator

Post by revelator »

It's more likely that the kids of today will go nuclear when they slam their faces into a wall and don't see ultra-high 16384*16384 textures with every post-process under the sun caked-on-top, and start shrieking about "not optimized" and "console port" and "ID hates AMD" and "ID hates PCs".
True that :) people are just newer satisfied anymore no matter what.
revelator

Post by revelator »

More to the point i do hate console ports but atleast they gotten most of the initial bugs out in later titles so i can live with it ;).
Post processing can be nice to put some more feeling to an old game but overdoing it can often lead to the exact opposite.
HD resolutions hmm hard one i do like the look but it's also merciless with poorly made graphics where they really stick out,
regardless the game can still be good and have an interresting story but if it cant stand up to such detail levels i rather they keept it as far away as possible.

Thats pretty much my 2 cents :)

Previously mentioned game that suffered from 'consolitis' bulletstorm.
Was actually really fun to play but it took some time before it caught on,
sadly by that time people can fly had dropped development due to the initial poor sales and critisism :(.
Sometimes i wonder if the critics even take the time to actually play it through before dropping the flamebat on a game title.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Sometimes i wonder if the critics even take the time to actually play it through before dropping the flamebat on a game title.
Ehh.. I always wondered if Cannes movie critics never tried to record a summer vacation movie with their handycam before saying that movies like Mad Max Fury Road deserve 0/5 stars, or if video game critics never tried to make a simple pac man game with Multimedia Fusion before saying that true masterpieces are "overestimated"...ehh..haters gonna hate!
sadly by that time people can fly had dropped development due to the initial poor sales and critisism :(.
Didn't know they dropped! So sad! :(
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hehe yeah i can relate :).

bulletstorm2 was actually planned and even had some work in, but got scrapped due to poor sales at the time.