MHDoom finished

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
toneddu2000

Re: MHDoom finished

Post by toneddu2000 »

Ok, Doom3 and Doom3 BFG Bought! How can I help you testing Revelation engine now? I installed the games in relative Steam dirs. Now, should I copy all the contents in another directory? Or do you guarantee that I can use your exe and dlls without compromize my original Steam game dir?I just installed it and I wouldn't have the need of deleting and reinstalling all the stuff imediately because Steam can't find its files! :lol:
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
revelator

Post by revelator »

Oh steam version ? hmm not sure depends on how its organized i got the old vanilla version from cd's so its pretty straight forward :)

Maybe someone here has the steam version and can elaborate on where you need to put stuff :)

My exe atleast shouldnt break anything its differently named and it also uses a different config file to extinguish it From Doom3.

Atm the help i need is mostly Editor related since im looking to port it to WxWidgets for crossplatform support.

I finally fixed all the buggers it had with ATI so yay me :)
Productivity is a state of mind.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

I finally fixed all the buggers it had with ATI so yay me :)
:lol: Well, compliments, I'm glad you solved it!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
revelator

Post by revelator »

Still a few weirdies left one that im not sure i can fix and another that has me a bit baffled.

The one i cant fix seems to be a bug in some of the articulated figure models and causes those ghosting effects i showed you.
The reason i know its linked to them is that whenever it happens the console gets spammed by debug messages from the model code about those.
Another one is in a few maps i get some rather abrupt light cut offs when transitioning from a light to a dark area (looks mighty crap) but im not sure why this happens, map bug possibly ??.
Productivity is a state of mind.