qlumpy not working

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Danfun64

qlumpy not working

Post by Danfun64 »

Hello. I was interested in compiling the newest trunk version of openquartz (2006-ish). I compiled the tools, but I get a weird error...

http://pastebin.com/5V5YJP38

I am running Debian Jessie 64-bit.
qbism

Re: qlumpy not working

Post by qbism »

Code: Select all

grabbing from /home/danfun64/Documents/openquartz-src/pak0/gfx_wad.lsgfx/numbers.png...
************ ERROR ************
Couldn't open image /home/danfun64/Documents/openquartz-src/pak0/gfx_wad.lsgfx/numbers.png
Missing file?
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

I'm not sure. I was hoping you guys could help with that.

Note: I have performed make clean on my pak0 folder.

http://pastebin.com/NTfaq5Ya

This is the source that I am using:

http://openquartz.cvs.sourceforge.net/v ... /?view=tar
r00k

Post by r00k »

Couldn't open image /home/danfun64/Documents/openquartz-src/pak0/gfx_wad.lsgfx/numbers.png

you're missing parts of the pak file or invalid folder. you sure its not pak0/gfx/wad/numbers.png?
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

I don't have a gfx_wad.lsgfx folder or a pak0/gfx/wad folder. My numbers.png is in pak0/gfx.
qbism

Post by qbism »

The image files are most likely in the right place. Look at the difference between the file path generated and the path expected. There's the answer.
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

qbism wrote:Look at the difference between the file path generated and the path expected. There's the answer.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

If I copied gfx to gfx_wad.lsgfx I get "Couldn't open image /home/danfun64/Documents/openquartz-src/pak0/gfx_lmp.lsgfx/palette.png
make: *** [gfx/bigbox.lmp] Error 1"

But I thought all lmp files were generated by qlumpy.

and what do I do about this hands folder?
qbism

Post by qbism »

/pak0/gfx/numbers.png versus
/pak0/gfx_wad.lsgfx/numbers.png

'gfx_wad.ls' stuck in there, which is a text file of images qlumpy is supposed to parse. Extension ls = lumpy script.
Looks like an error in the parsing code, or the script syntax. The script name itself is being inserted into the path. Possibly it occurs on only the first file. Possibly file write path also gets screwed? I don't know.
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

I think the path is screwed. It also attempts to generate a file called gfx_wad.lsgfx.wad

I wouldn't know what the proper syntex is, as I don't really know how to code. Maybe you guys can look at it.

edit: I have lost interest in Open Quartz. Had I not been interested in the first place, people might not have noticed this bug until later.