Darkplaces not saving/loading cfgs?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ceriux

Darkplaces not saving/loading cfgs?

Post by ceriux »

Hey so iv been having problems with darkplaces not loading or saving cfg files. i set gl_texture mode to nearest, changed my controls in options, and used saveconfig in the console. yet everytime i load up a game/mod its set back to default. iv also noticed that water transparency doesnt work...
frag.machine

Re: Darkplaces not saving/loading cfgs?

Post by frag.machine »

Some cvars aren't persisted on config.cfg; I'd suggest you to use autoexec.cfg to force them on engine startup.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

ceriux wrote:Hey so iv been having problems with darkplaces not loading or saving cfg files. i set gl_texture mode to nearest, changed my controls in options, and used saveconfig in the console. yet everytime i load up a game/mod its set back to default. iv also noticed that water transparency doesnt work...
check "my documents/mygames/darkplaces" i also have the same problem :/
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

that location didnt exsist but i moved my main installation there. ill have to try the autoexe.cfg (my binds dont stay in the options menu., but do when playing regularly.
Spike

Post by Spike »

seta varname $varname
should cause the engine to save that cvar by default (and will save it next time around too)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

Spike wrote:seta varname $varname
should cause the engine to save that cvar by default (and will save it next time around too)
spike id be using fte except i cant find any csqc documentation or a csqc scratch progs for fte that doesnt give me an out of date warning. -.-
Spike

Post by Spike »

@ceriux:
[offtopic]
in a recent enough build of fte, use this command at the console:
pr_dumpplatform -Tcs
that'll generate a defs.qc-equivelent for csqc with all the builtins and fields and stuff that supported by fte
you can include it before any other csqc-from-scratch code and fix that up to match this generated file.
[/offtopic]
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

thanks ill check into that!