java updates; daily?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
r00k

java updates; daily?

Post by r00k »

i'm getting hit with daily updates to java

i updated once then
next day at boot up (yes i close my computer down like we did in 1982)
i get this same pop up

i have ignored all subsequent requests...

comments?
Baker

Re: java updates; daily?

Post by Baker »

Why not uninstall Java?

Other than possibly Minecraft, I can't think of very many applications that use it.

On my Mac, I used to need Java for OpenOffice but then I found a Mac native port of LibreOffice. a few years ago. :D

I haven't had Java installed on this Windows laptop since I bought it (I uninstalled Java when breaking it in). I haven't encountered anything of importance that needs it. I haven't had java installed on Windows since modifying "FlashQuake" a couple years ago.

I'm operating under the assumption that you don't code in it.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
r00k

Post by r00k »

true, i think i picked it back up in a firefox plugin update of some sort.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

You need Java to run the Quake Injector :wink:

Maybe you did not update as administrator? Windows seems incredibly weird and annoying.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Baker

Post by Baker »

Spirit wrote:You need Java to run the Quake Injector :wink:
R00k doesn't even know how to start single player. In fact, he thinks "single player" is being the only player on a server.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..