uHexen2 (Hammer of Thyrion) v1.5.6

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
szo

uHexen2 (Hammer of Thyrion) v1.5.6

Post by szo »

Version 1.5.6 of Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is released:

Downloads
Downloads
Project page

Short ChangeLog:

* Screen: implemented Hor+ style field of view (FOV) scaling, useful for widescreen resolutions. Configured by new cvar fov_adapt: set it to 1 and your fov will be scaled automatically according to the resolution. Enabled by default. Opengl and software renderers both supported.
* Screen: viewsize greater than 120 now disables the hud (use the screen size slider in the options menu.)
* Progs VM: Fixed a corner case thinko in version6 progs execution.
* Server: changelevel failures, e.g. in case of non-existent maps, are now considered as error, so that the clients do not get stuck in the connected state anymore.
* Server: accept maplist.txt only if it is from the same game directory as progs.dat itself or from a searchpath with a higher priority.
* Timidity (Unix MIDI): Multiple fixes, including memory errors found by valgrind.
* Mac OS X: A new icon.
* Music: Support for Opus codec. (edit the makefiles to enable it when compiling.)
* Software renderer: fixed color shifts from area contents or power-up items usage staying persistent after a disconnect.
* OpenGL: worked around weird mods, e.g.: project peanut, where certain models are sometimes drawn "white" because the mod's hcode initializes those entities with non-existant skins.
* OpenGL: gamma fixes for several platforms.
* HexenWorld: opengl fixes for the shownames feature, other gl updates.
* Hexenworld, gamecode: hw and siege map cycling setup is done using the localinfo variables just like in quakeworld, strings.txt abusing is no more. See docs/README.hwsv for brief instructions.
* Verified correct compilation by upcoming gcc-4.8 and by clang-3.2.
* Fixed several other minor bugs, some found by valgrind. Incremented engine versions for hexen2 to 1.28, hexenworld to 0.28, and gamecode version to 1.28.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Re: uHexen2 (Hammer of Thyrion) v1.5.6

Post by scar3crow »

Newsed =)

Looking forward to trying this out and maybe spending more time with Hexen 2.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

ill be checking it out. id like to see an engine like dp or fte for hexenII.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Then use FTEQW ;)
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

its buggy isn't it?